Translate

Friday, December 19, 2014

I'm Back & Climbing Stairs

Wow I haven't written since 2012 and sooo much has passed since that time... well the good news is that I've managed to collect a whole slew of new stuff and participated in some great charity work.

The one that I'm most proud of is the volunteer work I've done for the United Way by actively joining in their annual stairclimb dressed as a Stormtrooper. Yes I said dressed as a Stormtrooper. The goal of which is to climb 472 steps without slipping and falling down a flight of stairs while encased in a suit of armour.

What can I say? Mobility and vision are limited, the restriction is uncomfortable, the armour is not designed for stairs and you sweat like crazy... and I love it!!!

I'm now in my third year of doing this with other Star Wars costumers and our group has been gathering a lot of attention. I do envy the scouts now as they have it a LOT easier and can move more freely, but then someone's gotta represent. Long live the stormies!!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment