Translate

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Toyworld's Orion

I have mixed feelings about Toyworld's Orion. On the one hand I think that the robot mode is a good representation of Classics Optimus, if somewhat boxy, the Truck mode is good But somewhat clunky with some strange design choices in it's transformation, The articulation is decent but somewhat lackluster for a third party offering, and the transformation itself is...

Ho boy... Transforming this toy is a hoot if you have two or three lifetimes to spare. I exaggerate, but just a little. The transformation of Orion is a challenging Rubik's cube like experience with multiple locking tabs, heart pounding twists and turns that make me fear like I'm going to break something every time I attempt it. Yet I still enjoy it!!!

Toyworld's Orion mold is based on the IDW comics version of Prime so there are some departures from his classic look (still better than being an ape!!!), but the overall intent is there. Be warned if you feel like you must purchase this item you'll probably be obligated to get Toyworld's Hegemon to go with it (AKA Megatron, which I'll be reviewing later).


As far as Classics go this is a great figure to be used as a goto Prime.

Good light piping.

The Matrix is visible in both robot and truck mode and takes some getting used to.


The figure itself is solid enough to withstand numerous transformations but it's still tricky enough at times to make my heart race and cause shortness of breathe when I attempt to do so. This is a figure that requires patience and co-ordination. (Two qualities of which I am short on both). If you're like me this figure will make you cuss a litany of prose not fit for the faint of heart.

Dr Wu Prime Swords sold separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment