Translate

Friday, April 20, 2012

Crusher Joe

Crusher Joe クラッシャージョウ Sunrise Animation created by Haruka Takachiho

Just got in a set of Kodansha Anime film comics featuring Crusher Joe from a fine gentleman in Japan. This five volume set covers the events in the first movie.

My fascination with Crusher Joe stems from the fact that my first scale anime models came from this series. Back in 1981 I was perusing an issue of Starlog magazine and I stumbled across an ad for sci fi anime models from a mail order company called Cosmic Connection. A few weeks later I received a catalogue filled with... TREASURES the likes I had never seen before. Naturally I ordered a beautiful looking spaceship called the Minerva from Crusher Joe as well as a mech called an Ostall (From the same title) and a Gundam kit.

The Minerva.
Ostall.



When they arrived I was amazed at the intricate details of the models and was longing to see them in their animated adventures that I had never watched.

Soon after my next door neighbour and I probably ordered enough models to have been considered shareholders in the company. It would be another eight years before I would get to see the Crusher Joe movie and my obsession would be cemented in this franchise forever.














No comments:

Post a Comment