Translate

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Transformers Generations Cross Cut


 I don't normally care much for Hasbro Transformers. I find that because they have to meet certain manufacturing standards and implement cost cutting measures they often skimp on their designs, and often rely on third party manufacturers to fill in the gaps


Having said that I have to admit that I am impressed with Generations Cross Cut, to tell the truth the Generations line has been really sparking my radar lately.

So what's to like about it?

First of all the aesthetics of the figure really gels with me and he definitely has that Japanese robot look to him that is missing in the American Bayformers/animated  philosophy.  Secondly he is laden with generous paint apps that make him stand out from previous Hasbro offerings. Thirdly this robot is loaded with weapons!!!  This guy has pop up back-pack cannons, arm cannons, and Macross style missile spam on his shoulders, a rifle and a pistol that can combine into a bigger rifle. What is weird about this is that according to his bio Crosscut is a communicator and not a fighter.

This current iteration of Crosscut is based on the Skids mould, which when I think of Skids I usually think...
What a tool!!!
This is why I'm having such a hard time wrapping my head around how cool this well armed guy is.

Alt mode:

Articulation is pretty standard for a Hasbro product in fact the figure lacks ankle tilts, has some strange knee designs, has no wrist swivel, lacks heel spurs, is back heavy making him hard to balance and has limited shoulder movement. 

But none of that matters!!! It's all about the coolness baby!!! I especially love that head sculpt!!!

Robot mode:

In the end this figure is definitely a mixed bag. On the one hand he looks great in both modes, has lots of gimmicks, and is fun to transform.


On the downside, he's back heavy has a difficult to find centre of gravity, his silver/grey plastic has a lot of swirling, and he has limited posability. Despite all this I can't stop putting it down.

The positives outweigh the negatives for me anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment