Translate

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Destron Ga'mede: Update, Now with Magnificus!!!

Back in 2012 I had written a review about my purchase of Microman Destron Ga'mede, that I managed to snag at an eBay auction.

The figure was sold without his partner Magnificus and I was content with that, seeing as I was not interested in the Transformer figure and really had no intention of getting one...

...and then along came Keith's Fantasy Club...

The third party company had released their Micro Robo MC 20 of their E.A.V.I. (Expendable, Autonomous. Virulent, Infantry) Metal lineup. The figure was great, the robot mode looked great, the transformation looked great the price point... not so great.

I decided that I was not interested. Then I got lucky.

Thanks to a sale that I managed to find at Aces Toy Store I am now the proud owner of basically an updated version of the Microman Microscope Robo from the Micro change series. That's a lot of Micros!!!

This robot is fantastic and is a great compliment to my Ga'mede figure, if only it was just a bit bigger.

Robot mode:

The figure is able to transform into three different modes. First is it's robot form, the tank mode and finally the microscope option. Included are three weapons, two pistols which fit snugly into holsters built in the side and a sniper rifle. Also the scope draped over his shoulder can be positioned to the left and right.

Accessories:

Light piping!!!
Alt mode 1:

Alt mode 2:

I'm impressed!!! The head and scope have good light piping, the pistols store in the holsters while in robot mode, and overall it looks great!!! The only downside is that there is no storage for the sniper rifle, but that's a minor quibble.


The bottom line is KFC did a fantastic job on a Transformer I was ready to give a pass on.

No comments:

Post a Comment