Translate

Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Hasbro Phase 1 CloneTrooper Hemet Mod

 


Modding a Phase One clone trooper helmet.

The initial offering by Hasbro has its issues (overly large visor, open gaps, seam lines) but once modified makes a decent prop.

First step, Gutting the bucket. Since the voice changer that it's equipped with is rubbish I won't be saving the electronics.

The interior is over-engineered and complex. Child safety I suppose.









Helmet internals:














Looks pretty neat with the faceplate removed.


















The helmet is plagued with openings, and side buttons. Here's an look: (Not my picture, I didn't photograph before I filled in the holes so this pic is an example).




A mesh was added in the grills and mouth . Not the neatest job but no one will see it anyway.









Painted some black in the front and added some screen to better conceal the mouth piece:


Filled in the gaps on the back, still need to be sealed:









The cheek under the visor needed to be filled. this was done with epoxy putty:








The ear piece had a series of push buttons designed to make sounds. This was filled in with some plasticard:



Here's the visor template pattern







More to come...





Update: Okay so I realized that the area around the eyes were too angular so I rounded them out making them more accurate. I believe it looks better this way.







to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment