Translate

Saturday, October 8, 2022

KFC Mugan Amputare

Following along on the same mould as the Micro Robo figure the Mugan Amputare is the Keith's Fantasy Club's interpretation of Shockwave.

The main body is a duplicate for many different bots including such notables as; Soundwave, Perceptor, Magnificus, Blaster aaand Phase One Surgeon? I really don't know about the last one. Is that even a thing?





 
Surgeon

Quite a list to be sure but at roughly $75.00 USD a pop quite expensive as well. Luckily I managed to snag this "not" Shockwave at $40.00 courtesy of Aces Toy Store. (I know, I mention them a lot).

Mind you the catch is that the figure comes with no box, but that's fine with me because it saves on storage for my growing collection of cardboard.

Examining at the initial figure one can determine that it definitely "looks" like Sound wave in his robot mode. That's the good! All the recognizable features are there, the angular head sculpt, the Zaku like mono eye, the left gun hand, and the sharp polygonal chest. Then there's... not the bad but more the questionable.

Things like the tank mode, which is basically the bot folding in on itself. It doesn't scream Shockwave like the traditional gun mode... and I'm kinda okay with that. Turning into a giant hand gun was always a mystery to me as far as Transformers were concerned. It just doesn't seem practical to go from giant robot into a sidearm for personal defense. So the vehicle mode works for me.


What baffles me is the microscope mould. Since when is turning into a giant mobile microscope a tactical advantage in the battlefield? The same could be said for Micro Robo and Perceptor, but those two were designed that way initially.



Despite that the figures are well constructed and pose well.

No comments:

Post a Comment